Our Vision Will Save An Extra
27 Million Tonnes Of Carbon Every Year.
[ And This Is From Businesses Presently Yet To Start Reducing Their Emissions]
It will involve a big shift changing in thinking from the UK Govt who has three big carbon problems :
1. It Will Miss Its 2050 Net Zero Commitments - according to the Bankers For Net ZERO, because it is failing to support the 5.8 million smaller UK businesses (99.5% of all businesses).
2. Unlawful Climate Change Policy - The UK Govt admitted its climate change policy was unlawful in the high court (October 2022) and must now resubmit new proposals.
3. FLAWED Carbon Reduction Strategy - is FLAWED for many of these smaller businesses, who find too expensive and too difficult to reduce their carbon emissions for four reasons :
#1 Electricity - Solar PV is a viable solution, but many businesses have either an unsuitable roof or are in a leased building where landlord approval comes with too many difficulties.
#2 Heating - ASHP to replace gas only increase energy bills, which makes it a financially unviable option with a capital cost (even with a grant) that has no financial payback.
#3 Electric Vehicles - An unpalatable option as it involves increasing financial costs when a 'cost of living crisis' is making trading more difficult. Plus the uncertainty of future electricity pricing of electricity and availability of chargers.
#4 Building Fabric Improvements - An unviable option for many leased buildings as the
improvement measures offer a long financial payback, that often exceeds the leased period of the building. The only beneficiary being the landlord.
As a result only 3% of smaller businesses are taking carbon reduction action.
We have a solution and it requires reversing the strategy by :
1) Making businesses zero carbon (scope 1 and 2) using carbon credits
2) Allowing them to experience how being green can increase their profits
3) Now motivated, introduce innovative ideas and products to reduce energy and carbon emissions.
If just 10% of the 5.6 million smaller businesses followed this strategy,
it would achieve around 27 million tonnes of carbon saved every year from businesses that would have previous taken no action !!
Equivalent to 162 million tress being planted or 9 million cars being taken off the road.
And it will also mean millions of people now actively interested in finding ways to reduced carbon at work and at home.
Finally as smaller businesses are unable to reduce their carbon emissions, they are sitting ducks to pay the carbon tax when it is introduced.
We are here to help all small and medium businesses who want to protect their financial future and that of our wonderful Planet.
Marc Wynn And Matt Bradshaw (Founders)